Sunday, October 4, 2009

Run for the Cure








I had the opportunity to run in the "Race for the Cure" again this year. I think this is probably one of my favorite races to run because it is for such a good cause. Although the race supports Breast Cancer, I decided to run the race for my Uncle Burke this year. Cancer is Cancer right? Uncle Burke passed away this June because of complications with his cancer. I miss him so much and will always love him. Aunt Gin and Morgan decided to come down with me and watch me run. I ended up getting second place in the womens and 5th overall. My parents and little sister Teri ended up coming down at the end of the race as well. I always try to think of someone I love when I run in a race, and this time I could not think of anyone that I would rather run this race for. I love Aunt Gin and I know she is going through so much right now. She has been through so much, and I pray that she can get through this. I can't imagine losing my husband. I dont know what I would do without Destry and Im grateful for the knowledge that no matter what happens, I will be with him forever.





4 comments:

johnandjana said...

Liz, That is so neat that you ran in memory of your Uncle Burke. He was an awesome guy.

Shawnee said...

That is so cool that you ran for your uncle. Congrats on your placings. How was Bear World?

thorkgal said...

Way to make me cry... after application of make up. Gee! You're awesome!!!

Rowbury Adventures said...

ohh your just SO great LIZ! I haven't seen you for a few days and I already miss you let's go to Cal Ranch soon PLEASE! haha

Our Kids

Our Kids
These are our two kids. Bailey is our yellow lab and we got her on the 21st of Feburary. She's so smart and full of energy. Then our newest edition is Rugar our little black lab. We just got him on the 26th of April. He's definately more out spoken then Bailey is and doesn't let her push him around. That's all the kid's were going to have for now.

About Me

We got married on the 4th of Janurary. We dated for almost 3 years so lets just say we really knew each other before we got married. We got married in the Idaho Falls Temple. Liz just graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelors in Elementary Education. She will be teaching 1st grade at South Fork Elementary School in Archer this coming fall. I just finished my final year of school going into being an Electrian. I still work for Xtreme Electric and still keeping really busy with summer coming.