Wednesday, May 5, 2010

This is the place....SLC temple










Right after the marathon, we decided to go for a walk on temple square...can I just say I think I shoud have waited a day or so because my legs were ON FIRE! I felt bad because I really wanted to just go to the hotel and take a nap, and the sister missionaries REALLY wanted to give us a tour...I think they were bored! I finally had to throw in the towel and go rest a little bit, but we did have a nice time walking around for a little bit. It is always fun to go to temple square and see the temple, I just hope the next time we do it, my legs dont feel like jello!













While we were in Utah for the SLC marathon, I asked Destry if we could go to the "This is the Place" monument. I spent a lot of my childhood in Salt Lake visiting the doctor and going to different places with my parents after appointments, but suprisingly, I have never had the opportunity to visit. I asked Destry to take me and we were able to see a lot of the amazing things there. It really humbled me to think that so many good people gave up everything they had to come and settle the Salt Lake area. It was fun to go to the top of the hill and look down and try to picture what it must have looked like before all of the buildings were there. It was a great experience, and I am glad that I was able to finally experience it there.








No comments:

Our Kids

Our Kids
These are our two kids. Bailey is our yellow lab and we got her on the 21st of Feburary. She's so smart and full of energy. Then our newest edition is Rugar our little black lab. We just got him on the 26th of April. He's definately more out spoken then Bailey is and doesn't let her push him around. That's all the kid's were going to have for now.

About Me

We got married on the 4th of Janurary. We dated for almost 3 years so lets just say we really knew each other before we got married. We got married in the Idaho Falls Temple. Liz just graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelors in Elementary Education. She will be teaching 1st grade at South Fork Elementary School in Archer this coming fall. I just finished my final year of school going into being an Electrian. I still work for Xtreme Electric and still keeping really busy with summer coming.