Sunday, May 1, 2011

Baby O

17 weeks


14 weeks





(Baby O. 11 weeks)





(Baby O. 7 weeks)


I have been horrible about blogging, but I am really going to try to be better now that there are things going on in our lives that would be worth writing about. Between working full time and being sick full time, I havent thought about coming to the computer and actually sitting down to blog. I think everyone knows by now that Destry and I are expecting our first little one on October 1st! We are so excited for this little guy/girl and I cant wait to meet them. It was definately hard waiting for this special little person to become a part of our lives, but it was worth the wait.




As of today, I am 19 weeks. We find out in 2 weeks what we are having. Destry is convinced that it's a boy, and I don't have a clue. The only thing I really care about is whether it has 10 little fingers/toes and it gets here healthy. The morning sickness is still around, and unfortunately, so is being sick at night. I have acid reflux, so that has made it 20 times worse. Lately, I have been really sick at night, and just a little nausiated in the morning. I am definately glad to be doing better than I was for the 1st three months, but I am still not loving the throwing up part. It amazes me that you can grow a gut when you are throwing up all the time! Being pregnant really makes you appreciate your mom/other women who have done the same thing.




So far I have had 2 ultra sounds, and they have both been great. It is so fun to see how the baby changes over a few weeks. I wasn't supposed to have a 2nd ultra sound, but they couldnt find the heart beat at 12 weeks, so they decided to make sure everything was okay. The tech couldnt get the baby to sit still long enough to actually see how fast its heart was beating for a few minutes. Baby O. is sitting farther back, so it's harder to find the heart beat with the doppler. I can feel the Baby O move around quite a bit now. It mostly moves at night when I am home and resting. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I am constantly on the go chasing 6 year olds all day, so I dont have time to feel it.




Besides being sick, I'm just tired, but thats something to be expected. I get home from work and I am wiped out for the day. I only have 20 school days left, and I am DEFINATELY counting down the days. Without going into details, Ill just say that I have had a hard class this year, so I am needing the break. This summer is going to be my time to rest and get ready for baby. I havent been able to do much with my crazy schedule, but I am hoping to have more time once I'm not at work.




Destry has been a saint through this whole ordeal. He has become the master chef of the house. There are just some smells that I could not handle the first three months, one of them being hamburger. Hamburger is the devil! The texture, the smell, and the taste are horrible and lucky for me, we have a freezer FULL of it! I have had a very hard time cooking anything, and he has been great to help out at night. I think the funnest part of this whole pregnancy is to see how excited my husband is. He is so great, and I can already tell he is going to be a great daddy. He is always talking to the baby, and is so excited to be a dad. It is definately worth all the sickness when you see what a great husband/dad he is going to be. There are so many feelings of love that a baby can bring into a household and I love it! It is so hard to describe until you are in the situation yourself. I wouldnt change those experiences for anything....well except maybe for the puking thing :).


I will try to be bette about posting, and I promise Ill be awesome at it after school is out. Ill post and let everyone know what it is when we find out!



















6 comments:

"A" said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura Anderson said...

Congratulations, Liz! I'm so excited for you. The morning sickness was horrible for me too. It was always worse for me at night too. After about 20 weeks it got better for me, so I hope it gets better for you too. I really hated being pregnant for the most part, but the baby is worth it! I miss seeing you. The previous post that was deleted was from my husband's account.

{Trulie Scrumptious} said...

yay lizzy! I'm still so sad I missed your phone call when I was in town. I was so looking forward to seeing your cute pregnant self. You and Destry should come to Utah for a weekend this summer and hang out with us, we have an extra bedroom just calling your name! (oh and baby's to) miss and love you

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

Congrats Liz! That's so exciting... I loved being pregnant! Sometimes when he is home with Landon I miss having him with me (in my belly). It's such a sweet time and I'm so glad that you are enjoying every moment. I can't wait to hear what you are having!

Brett and Tiffany said...

Cant wait to find out what it is! You will make a great mom! Put your feet up at the end of the day and have Destry give you a massage!

Brooke Bailey said...

Really excited and happy for you two! Hopefully you'll get feeling better as you get a little farther along. I'm sure you'll really feel better come JUNE. :)

Our Kids

Our Kids
These are our two kids. Bailey is our yellow lab and we got her on the 21st of Feburary. She's so smart and full of energy. Then our newest edition is Rugar our little black lab. We just got him on the 26th of April. He's definately more out spoken then Bailey is and doesn't let her push him around. That's all the kid's were going to have for now.

About Me

We got married on the 4th of Janurary. We dated for almost 3 years so lets just say we really knew each other before we got married. We got married in the Idaho Falls Temple. Liz just graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelors in Elementary Education. She will be teaching 1st grade at South Fork Elementary School in Archer this coming fall. I just finished my final year of school going into being an Electrian. I still work for Xtreme Electric and still keeping really busy with summer coming.