Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Its a BOY!

Well, it's official! We will be welcoming a little boy to our house October 1st! I am very excited, and a little nervous at the same time! I am used to taking care of girls! Destry has been saying its a boy the whole time, and I had no clue what it would be. He even went so far as to say we didn't need an ultrasound because he was right...haha. Needless to say he is VERY proud of himself. It was priceless to see the look on his face when the tech showed us that he was a he...our baby boy definately isn't shy about who he is! We chose the name Brevan a long time ago. We wanted to name our little boy after his grandpas without using the same name...so I thought about it and decided on Brevan (my dad's name is Evan and his dad's name is Brad). It works out perfect and I love the name!


This is me at 21 weeks. I am feeling rather large at this point, and it scares me that I am only going to be getting bigger! I dont look at the scale anymore, because really, I dont want to know how much I weigh. I just make sure the doctor says Im gaining the right amount and try to not look at what the scale says. The weight gain part has been hard for me, just because I have spent the last 3 years being a freak about it and running marathons. Its hard to not go out and run hard core, but I know it will be worth it. I am still excersizing and I even jog a little bit, but I dont excersize anything like I was doing before. I think a 20 miler on a Saturday would kill me right about now :) I stick to a Denise Austin aerobics/strength trainimg video that she made specifically for pregnancy, take the dogs for walks and jog a little bit. Somedays, Im too tired from chasing 18 seven year olds around the school, so I dont get anything done, but thats okay! I think sometimes working full time and being on my feet all day is work enough! Im feeling a lot better than I was the first 4 months. I don't want to repeat that again, but I'm sure I will the next time we decide to choose another little baby to enter our family.


As for next year, that has been a brutal decision made with a lot of tears and prayers. My boss really wants me to stay next year, and at first I thought it would be great to stay, but the more I thought about it, the sicker I got. They even went so far as to offer me the part time kindergarten posistion. There is nothing wrong with working and being a mom, and I have struggled with my decision, but in the end we have decided that it is going to be best to stay home next year. We looked into the cost of daycare and gas to get to work, and in the end, it wasnt worth it. I want the best for my kids, and I know that I can't offer that with my job. I get home from work at night, and I feel like Im done for the day. I want the opportunity to be a better wife and be a good mom, so I am going to see what its like staying home for while. I feel like I have spent the last 5 years running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I am so excited and feel blessed to have the opportunity to be a stay at home mom for awhile. I will be teaching piano lessons a few nights a week when Destry is home to help out with things, and hopefully taking some classes towards my masters degree, but for the most part, Im just going to enjoy my little baby while he is little. :)








5 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

I love the meaning behind the name. Such a cute idea.
Your sacrifice to stay at home will never be regretted. I think how fast the last year has gone by having Max and I cherish every moment (even the bad).

weloveadoption said...

I also love the name and I think your decision of staying home is great! Cherish every moment because they do grow up fast into little monsters sometimes.

Brooke Bailey said...

Congrats Liz & Destry. I like the name! You won't regret your decision to stay home. I've often thought about the short time span that kids are really 'at home'. Those precious years from birth to when they start school only happen once. My little man who I just had last month,:) is about ready to finish up Kindergarten. There is so much learning and growing that go on from 0-5 years, and it goes by so quickly. And then little by little they start being away from home more and more.

{Trulie Scrumptious} said...

I love the name it's just Perfect! And I have a feeling your going to love being able to stay home with your handsome little man. (It's a given he's going to be handsome since he's coming out of you) And if you ever decide to go back to work, I'll nominate myself to be your *free* full time baby sitter ;) miss you

{Trulie Scrumptious} said...

oops this is roz

Our Kids

Our Kids
These are our two kids. Bailey is our yellow lab and we got her on the 21st of Feburary. She's so smart and full of energy. Then our newest edition is Rugar our little black lab. We just got him on the 26th of April. He's definately more out spoken then Bailey is and doesn't let her push him around. That's all the kid's were going to have for now.

About Me

We got married on the 4th of Janurary. We dated for almost 3 years so lets just say we really knew each other before we got married. We got married in the Idaho Falls Temple. Liz just graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelors in Elementary Education. She will be teaching 1st grade at South Fork Elementary School in Archer this coming fall. I just finished my final year of school going into being an Electrian. I still work for Xtreme Electric and still keeping really busy with summer coming.