Thursday, June 5, 2008

Its been awhile :)



Okay, so it has been awhile since we have posted anything...partly because i have been too lazy and partly because i have been busy getting everything ready for summer school! This last couple of weeks have flown by, and have been a little frustrating for me. My mom has had some health issues so i have had to drive all of the kids around and do some errands for her. Let me just say that experiencing her everyday routine has really made me appreciate all that she does as a mom. I know that there were a lot of times growing up that i didnt appreciate her enough, and i really wish that i could go back and be more appreciative. I guess that i can always make up for it now! Love you mom!


Destry has been as busy as ever with work, and there are a lot of times that i dont see him until 9 at night. It gets a little lonely here at the house at times, but it has definately given me an excuse to do aerobics and get a lot of cleaning and piano practicing done. I appreciate Destry so much for being such a hard worker and making sure that i am taken care of.


I got the opportunity to take two of the kids i work with to the zoo by myself the last week of school. It was way fun, but man was it hard to keep Lee from trying to climb the fence and get in with the animals! I love this job so much and i have had so many opportunities to grow and learn from it. I found out last week that they are willing to work with my class schedule so i will continue to work there in the summer and through the next school year. It is definately a blessing to have this job because i have seen that i really am going in to the right profession for school, and has given me a greater love for children with special needs. There are a lot of people that comment about how hard it must be to work in a special needs classroom, but they dont realize how much you really come to love the kids!

1 comment:

The Foster Bunch said...

Liz,
Happy to see you blogging!!HA HA You are such a great person, to be working with those kids. I believe it takes someone special to work with those kids. My brother is very lucky to have such a good wife, and we are lucky to have a great sister in law. Let us know if you ever need anything!

Our Kids

Our Kids
These are our two kids. Bailey is our yellow lab and we got her on the 21st of Feburary. She's so smart and full of energy. Then our newest edition is Rugar our little black lab. We just got him on the 26th of April. He's definately more out spoken then Bailey is and doesn't let her push him around. That's all the kid's were going to have for now.

About Me

We got married on the 4th of Janurary. We dated for almost 3 years so lets just say we really knew each other before we got married. We got married in the Idaho Falls Temple. Liz just graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelors in Elementary Education. She will be teaching 1st grade at South Fork Elementary School in Archer this coming fall. I just finished my final year of school going into being an Electrian. I still work for Xtreme Electric and still keeping really busy with summer coming.