Sunday, April 11, 2010

Milestone












Well I finally made it! On Saturday, I graduated with my bachelors degree in Elementary Education! It has been a long 4 years, but it was worth it in the end. I will no longer spend many sleepless nights typing away at the computer or reading long boring books for hours on end (unless i want to). I attended the ceremony on Saturday and then had a dinner with my parents, Grandma Worrell, Destry and my siblings later that night. I have really been done with school for about a week now, but nothing can really beat the feeling of walking across that stage and knowing that you are really done! There have been ups and downs the last 4 years, but I can honestly say that I learned a lot. BYU-Idaho is a good school and there is a lot to be said about the professors in the Education Department. I am so grateful for all that I learned a long the way and for the people that I met.

One of the things that I reflected on the most yesterday was Heavenly Father's hand in everything. There were times that I honestly have no idea how I would have done some of the things or made some of the sacrifices that I did without his help. I am grateful that I was able to go to school everyday and feel his influence there. I can honestly say that BYU-Idaho is a special place and I will miss the feeling of being up there everyday.
Its on to the next chapter in my life...when I figure out exactly what that is!

7 comments:

Jeremy and Chari Gallup said...

Congrats! I am sure that is just the best feeling! Can't wait to see where you end up next!

Brett and Tiffany said...

Congrats Liz, and best wishes finding a job! Maybe you will end up at Parker! :)

thorkgal said...

YaY!!! Now what???? Ha ha
It's funny, this morning I was thinking the same thing. There has been a watchful eye or a hand in finishing up school and now... I miss that feeling. I don't like the feeling of doubt and being scared of what is next. Good luck girl.

Shawnee said...

Yeah, congrats again!! sorry we couldn't have been there. Now we can play all summer :)

johnandjana said...

Great job Liz. That is super. Have some fun for the summer and then worry about a job, or a baby, or whatever!

Poulsen Family said...

Isn't it so nice to be done?! Congrats!
Now real life begins :)

Service Social Gathering said...

Congrats! Way to go. That's great.

Our Kids

Our Kids
These are our two kids. Bailey is our yellow lab and we got her on the 21st of Feburary. She's so smart and full of energy. Then our newest edition is Rugar our little black lab. We just got him on the 26th of April. He's definately more out spoken then Bailey is and doesn't let her push him around. That's all the kid's were going to have for now.

About Me

We got married on the 4th of Janurary. We dated for almost 3 years so lets just say we really knew each other before we got married. We got married in the Idaho Falls Temple. Liz just graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelors in Elementary Education. She will be teaching 1st grade at South Fork Elementary School in Archer this coming fall. I just finished my final year of school going into being an Electrian. I still work for Xtreme Electric and still keeping really busy with summer coming.