Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma!








I know my Grandma wouldnt want me to tell everyone that it was her birthday, but she doesnt read blogs, so Im going to write about it anyways! :) Yesterday was her birthday. I wont say how old she is, but you'll probably figure it out. We all met out at my parents house. My cousins and Aunt and Uncle came from Utah, so almost everyone got to be there. It was fun to see everyone and spend time with the family.



We all had lunch and went for rides on the Razor, the Put Put and the Steam Roller! Destry has finally become an official part of the family because he got to ride on the Put Put! The Put Put is almost like a golf cart/4wheeler. My Grandpa Worrell made it before my dad was born (I want to say in 1957). He made it so the kids could ride it around. They rode it around and I spent most of my childhood riding it around the house with the cousins and my siblings. My dad bought an old steam roller from the city for about $100 and he "uses it to flatten the driveway". He is such a little boy at heart! People probably think were crazy seeing all of those machines riding around the house, but its just one of those things that makes a family unique I guess.



After lunch and all of the crazy rides, we had Grandma open her presents. Dad came out with his fire suit on and lit her cake with a blow torch! Mom made a fake cake out of styrofoam plates and they put 80 candles on it! It was pretty funny. Grandma had been threatening us that if we put her name and age in the paper she would disown us, so my Uncle Larry found a site and made a fake Post Register. He brought it in the house all rolled up like it had just been delivered. I think Grandma almost did disown us until she saw that it wasnt real!



I have to hand it to Grandma, despite all of the teasing, I think she had a good time. She just recently had her hip replaced about a month ago, and its funny to watch her. She has NEVER acted like an old lady! She is always up and moving around either doing something in her garden or around the house. I think that has been what has always kept her so healthy. It has drove her nuts to have to sit around for a few weeks, but I went with her and Dad to her doctors appointment last week, and he gave her the okay to move around more. She is doing so good and Im happy that she isnt in as much pain. It was funny because I drove past her house a few days after the appointment and there she was out in the garden. I love my grandma so much and she has always been such a special person in my life. She is the one that has taught me to play the piano. For that I will always be grateful. Some of my best childhood memories include sitting at the piano bench with her. She has always helped to take care of us kids, and has always made a special effort to be at all of our events. I will always remember going up to one of my soccer games in Ashton. The bus pulled in and I saw a little old lady sitting on the sidelines before everone else. She has always been to all of our sporting events, birthday parties, choir concerts, band concerts and anything else. You name it and she has been there. She has taught me the value of an education and has always been there to help me if Ive needed it. I can honestly say she is one of my best friends as well. I can go to her and talk about anything. I love her so much and dont know how I could ever repay her for everything she has done. I love you grandma!




5 comments:

johnandjana said...

What a great lady! She sounds like an awesome Grandma. She reminds me of my Mom. She attended everything also.

Rowbury Adventures said...

oh what a cute grandma!! that looks like such a fun birthday! I bought my plane ticket home YAY!

thorkgal said...

What a great post! I will have to remember to do that joke with the paper when my mom turns 80. That is hilarious.

Laura Anderson said...

Hey, Liz! I found your blog from your facebook. I love the newspaper! haha!

weloveadoption said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday and what a fun Grandma!

Our Kids

Our Kids
These are our two kids. Bailey is our yellow lab and we got her on the 21st of Feburary. She's so smart and full of energy. Then our newest edition is Rugar our little black lab. We just got him on the 26th of April. He's definately more out spoken then Bailey is and doesn't let her push him around. That's all the kid's were going to have for now.

About Me

We got married on the 4th of Janurary. We dated for almost 3 years so lets just say we really knew each other before we got married. We got married in the Idaho Falls Temple. Liz just graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelors in Elementary Education. She will be teaching 1st grade at South Fork Elementary School in Archer this coming fall. I just finished my final year of school going into being an Electrian. I still work for Xtreme Electric and still keeping really busy with summer coming.