Monday, August 10, 2009

Rock and Roll Half Marathon-August 8




I finally got the guts to run in a half marathon and I LOVED IT! It was so much fun and I got better than I had hoped for. We started our race in Old Butte Park by the airport (the soccer fields with the big ball) and went up and around some of the farm ground up there. I thought I would be tired, but I made it through pretty good. The only thing that started to hurt were my feet at about the 11th mile. I hoped to finish in 2 hours 10 minutes, but I ended up finishing in 2 hours 18 seconds. It was such a good experience to reach a goal that I had been working for. The best part of the race was having my best friend there to cheer me on. Destry followed me in the car and talked to me during the race. It was a good motivator to know that he would leave me and be parked up the road so I would see him in a few miles. I am so grateful for his support. He hasnt missed any of my races and I appreciate it so much. I always tell him that he doesnt have to go, but he always drags himself out of bed at 5:30 to be there with me. It makes such a big difference to have him there. I am thinking of doing the Mesa Falls Half, but it all depends on if Destry has to take his journeyman test that day.



1 comment:

johnandjana said...

Way to go Liz. That is awesome. You are a true runner.

Our Kids

Our Kids
These are our two kids. Bailey is our yellow lab and we got her on the 21st of Feburary. She's so smart and full of energy. Then our newest edition is Rugar our little black lab. We just got him on the 26th of April. He's definately more out spoken then Bailey is and doesn't let her push him around. That's all the kid's were going to have for now.

About Me

We got married on the 4th of Janurary. We dated for almost 3 years so lets just say we really knew each other before we got married. We got married in the Idaho Falls Temple. Liz just graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelors in Elementary Education. She will be teaching 1st grade at South Fork Elementary School in Archer this coming fall. I just finished my final year of school going into being an Electrian. I still work for Xtreme Electric and still keeping really busy with summer coming.